Solway Lass and Explore Whitsundays highly recommend guests read the following:
COVID-19 Safe and Policies
As part of our check-in procedure following the Coronavirus Outbreak, our business would like to ensure any potential customers are aware that they MUST NOT attend if they have ANY symptoms potentially consistent with COVID-19.
COVID-19 symptoms include; cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue and shortness of breath.
We will ensure potential customers who are in the ‘at-risk’ groups are aware of risk mitigation strategies. The Australian Government advises that the following people are most ‘at risk’:
- Aged over 70
- Aged over 65 with a material medical condition
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander aged over 50 with a material medical condition
- People with material medical conditions
- People who are immunocompromised
We would like to assure our customers that our Operations meet the following criteria:
- Promote and facilitate pre-screening to prevent potentially infected staff and customers from attending
- Alter business practices where relevant to ensure social distancing in line with Government Health Guidelines
- Enhance cleaning and hygiene practices to reduce the risk of infection
- Establish and maintain COVID safe procedures aligned to Work Safe QLD guidelines
If guests are restricted to travel due to Government closures of QLD, Australian or International borders, our normal cancellation policy will not be enforced. These guests will be issued an open-dated ticket for travel over the next 24 months or refunded in full.
If guests’ book through a travel agent, guests will need to rely on the agent’s COVID policy.
All other cancellations will fall under the normal Terms and Conditions below.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR INDIVIDUAL TRAVELLERS.
We RECOMMEND ALL GUESTS have Travel Insurance which covers Cancellations.
Extended / Overnight Tour Cancellations
- Cancellations from 30 to 60 days of departure will result in a loss of 25% of the ticket price.
- 14 to 30 days before departure, loss of 50% of the ticket price.
- 14 days to departure will result in forfeit of full trip fees.
- Where a customer cancels and full payment has been made, and we can resell the space on the departure, we will refund the ticket price less 20% (not including commissions or bank fees).
- The Operator cannot guarantee a refund of the travel agent deposit component in any refund situation.
Postponement/Transfer of a trip by an individual will be allowed 14 days prior to departure, so long as we have capacity on the alternative date. An Admin Fee ($40) may be applied to postponements or transfers. Postponements under 14 days before departure will be given due consideration based on the merit of the circumstances causing the postponement, such as a medical emergency. In all cases, the best advise for a customer is to hold applicable travel insurance and the final discretion remains with the Operator of the tour.
PRIVATE CHARTER BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF TRAVEL
- Booking will be confirmed on payment of a deposit.
- Balance payments to be made in full 30 days before charter commencement.
- Cancellations that are greater than 60 days before departure result in loss of 50% of the deposit.
- Cancellations 30 to 60 days before departure result in loss of deposit.
- Once balance payment has been made, and within 30 days of departure date will result in forfeit of Full Charter Price. We highly recommend all charterers have travel insurance to protect against unexpected cancellations.
The Operator strongly recommends that guests have travel insurance to:
- cover valuable items (eg. Cameras, Luggage)
- protect against unforeseen flight or coach cancellations, road closures or late arrival into Airlie Beach for any reason which subsequently leads to missing the scheduled departure time,
- cover medical conditions that may occur during carriage, and the associated extra costs of accessing medical care around the islands, including returning to port or emergency air evacuation.
- cover against an emergency where you need to return to port urgently, eg. a family member becomes very ill,
- cover against full ticket refunds, including the agent commissions component.
Please ensure that the guests understand the details of the cover included for the Travel Insurance to ensure that it covers the above, for their peace of mind.
Guests should note that sailing, snorkelling and aquatic activities can be a dangerous and while our crew will make every effort to ensure guest safety, Explore Whitsundays and the Operator cannot be accountable for actions of guests that are beyond crew control.
Guests will be required to complete a pre-departure questionnaire, and sign a travel agreement during the check-in process. Guests should be aware that marine stingers and other marine life live in the oceans. The Operators have the applicable Shipowners insurance to cover public liability for our guests and staff. A copy of the certificate will be forwarded if required.
Itineraries and Weather
The Operator reserves the right to alter the tour or the itinerary of any of its tours and organise alternative carriers to those advertised if necessary. The Operator will always consider the safety of guests and staff and as a result, some of the Whitsunday Icons may not be visited if the wind, visibility or wave/tidal conditions are not suitable or parts of the park have been closed by the managing authority. If it is raining, our tours still operate, as the guests can still experience the Whitsundays, including swimming and bushwalking. If the winds are light, the tours will still run, however, it will be necessary to use the motors on the boats to get to the stops around the islands.
We do not provide any guarantee that the winds will be consistent and from the correct direction to make sailing always possible. The Whitsundays is deemed partially smooth waters and tours will only be cancelled if the Regional Harbour Master closes the area due to gale warnings or the Operator deems it unsafe to travel. If tour cancellations are necessary and ticket balance payment or pro-rate refunds are approved, the amount being paid for the ticket to the operator will be refunded. Explore Whitsundays does not cover additional costs over or above the ticket amount. We do not guarantee a refund of the travel agent commission component or any other costs associated with the guest’s travel arrangements.
Minimum Guest Numbers
Where we do not meet the minimum number of guests to operate a service, it may therefore be necessary to cancel a scheduled departure and to offer an alternative TOUR of a similar or higher standard, or alternatively refund the amount being paid to the operator for that tour. We do not guarantee a refund of the travel agent commission component. Where a tour of lesser standard is arranged, any difference in the ticket prices will be refunded.
While we cater to basic diet requests, eg. Vegetarian, guests must be aware that in confined space on yachts with limited resources we may not be able to meet all guest needs. Special food or diet requests may incur an extra local payment of $15.
Guests are asked to limit luggage as storage onboard and in your cabin is minimal. Guests should pack in soft-sided zipless bags. Guests with luggage to store can find storage services in the main street of Airlie Beach.
The Operator has the right to refuse boarding of guests who arrive intoxicated or who appear to be under the influence of illegal substances. While on Tour, Guests must abide by instructions from the Crew. Guests must also abide by the Law and public nuisance, harassment, abusing our staff or anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated. Guests who refuse to follow instructions and jeopardise the safety and security of Crew, Guests, Themselves or the Vessel may be restrained and/or removed from the tour. All associated costs of removal will be borne by the guest and no refund of ticket monies will be provided.
English Language Comprehension
Because many of the tours we offer are low guest numbers and some with 2 crew, it is very important that the guests have basic English understanding. Guests will spend time snorkelling and swimming and it is critical for their safety that they follow the instructions from the crew delivered in English, while they are participating in the activities. If customers cannot understand English, it is important that a companion travelling can speak English and translate for the non-English speaking guest.
Guest Bed or Cabin Allocation
We will always try our best to accommodate our guest’s cabin requests, however, due to operational issues we can never 100% guarantee that the requested cabin or bed will be available. In the situation where a class of cabin is not available and if a downgrade was the case, a refund of the difference in ticket price would be made. Where multi-share cabin classes are advertised and ticket prices are the same, we cannot guarantee the number of beds in the Multi Share cabin. Where multi-share cabin fares are selected, and the guests do not wish to have other guests in the cabin, the only way to guarantee the cabin for the sole use of the party is to pay for the additional bed in the cabin.
The Operator will ask guests to vacate their accommodation and pack up their luggage on the final day, to allow commencement of accommodation servicing.
For Solway Lass Guests, after lunch on the final day, guests will be asked to pack and vacate the cabin so servicing can be started.
GUESTS FOR OVERNIGHT EXTENDED TOURS MUST CHECK-IN BEFORE BOARDING
Guests are required to check-in and complete their on-line wavier, an email will be sent to you when you are a confirmed traveller. The wavier is required to be completed at 48 hours prior to departure.
Delayed guests should please phone our office on 07 4967 7555
Explore Whitsundays – Children and Age Range Conditions
The following is the recommended policy for children and age range restrictions on the vessels for bookings by the bed or by the cabin. We stress it is important to contact our Reservations Team on a case by case basis as the owner/operator of the vessel may be flexible based on the load factors, time of year, ages of children, the number of children to travel, and other age range restrictions may be amended.
With Private Charters, age restrictions should be discussed, because the charterer is making arrangements with who they want to travel on their charter.
Any questions or enquiries, please call us on 07 4967 7555 or email [email protected]